The Wagga Tigers Football & Netball Club Inc. is proud to be one of the longest standing Australian Football Sides in Wagga Wagga.
Football in the area started in 1861 in which we were known as The Federals – wearing Red & White Verticals. The name The Federal’s originated from the Hotel know as the Imperial, this was located next to where the Mill Units are currently being built. The club’s first Premiership side was back in 1887. Following on from the War we became known as the Wagga Tigers. After the war the club borrowed jumpers from the RAAF, these were Blue & White in colour. It wasn’t until 1949 before we actually wore new jumpers which were acquired via the Richmond Football Club. Hence Wagga Tigers as it is today was born.
We played in many a league in & surrounding Wagga before settling in the RFL. We have had many Premiership’s throughout this time in 1st Grade, these being:
1957/58/59, 1961/62, 1975, 1977/78, 1980/81, 1985, 1993/94/95, 1997/98/99, 2001 & 2007 – 19 in total.